Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Using weed killer

On 4/24/2014 5:20 PM, bob haller wrote:
I tried repeatedly to kill some poision ivy, roundup, and poision ivy killer just made them shrivle, then they would come back stronger than ever.

at the suggestion of someone here mix roundup 50 / 50 with poision ivy killer....

this combo kills weeds and poisdion ivy fast, although doing so is illegal....

I had a lot of asparagus fern growing in hedges when I lived in Florida;
IMO, the stuff should be banned, along with loosestrife. I could not
possibly dig the stuff out, as it has masses of tubers. I cut it down
as much as I could, waited til it had a couple of inches of new growth,
then sprayed it with Roundup. I repeated that once and it was gone! It
is nasty stuff, as it bears berries that birds like to spread around.
Boston Ivy is another nasty when it gets loose; my mom put some in her
yard and it killed a good sized oak tree.