Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Supreme court to decide if company can stream OTA tv over theinternet

"Home Guy" "Home"@Guy. com wrote in message

stuff snipped

There are many more different types of consumer electronics products in
asia that are not seen in the US market, like digital versions of the
good-old VCR (not talking about cable boxes with hard drives either).

You can get them here if you know where to look:

http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1365123671

$40 for an ATSC HD personal video recorder at Amazon. Just add a USB stick
or external HD. Just bought one for every TV in the house. Has four kinds
of outputs (RF, HDMI, composite, component) to accommodate virtually any TV
ever made.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2ZBD1U/

Personally I think they haven't put TV's in phones because not many people
are crazed enough about TV to want to suffer through looking at it on a 4"
screen with a 1/2" speaker. There are some, obviously, but I suspect many
more people find built in GPS navigation for more useful in a phone.

--
Bobby G.