Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Maple tree 3 feet from house

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:28:22 -0400, Hannibal Lecter
wrote:

On 04/23/2014 08:49 PM, micky wrote:
And a third tree has started growning, also about 3 years ago. This
maple is only 3 or 4 feet tall now, but the problem is, maybe, that it's
only 3 feet from the house, from the front corner of the house.

Cut that f*ing thing down now!

Trees damage foundations and roofs, both of which are expensive to repair.

And a WELL POSITIONED tree can protect the roof from sun and wind
damage. Trees are the lungs of our planet. I luke to have lots of
trees around - just not too close to the house, and kept well trimmed.
My cherry tree (at less than 8 feet) IS too close to the house, and
it's been there longer than the house. It's lopsided because I keep
trimming it away from the house so it doesn't overhang the roof, rub
on the gable end, or rub on the siding. One of these years it will
have to come down, but if it falls it will fall away from the house
and only damage a fence.