Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Supreme court to decide if company can stream OTA tv over the internet

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

This may be the big one. I have a friend who worked on getting Miami
Vice ready for hime. Since this was a form of distribution not in the
original agreements, they had a whole bunch of problems getting the
rights for the songs used in the background. Because of all sorts of
convoluted publishing agreements, it took them something like 3 years
just to get the clearance for the rock music in the sound track.

The most egregious example of that I can think of is the "The Rebel" which
when broadcast in primetime had the very catchy theme song sung by Johnny
Cash. In syndication that song's nowhere to be heard.

http://www.last.fm/music/Johnny+Cash...+-+Johnny+Yuma

Using popular music has gotten a lot easier for TV producers (almost every
dramatic show seems to have a pop music montage ending these days) but it
still costs a pretty penny for nationally broadcast shows. I listen to the
commentary on DVDs and the directors are always lamenting how much a tiny
snippet of even a fairly out-of-date popular song costs.

--
Bobby G.