Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Glass Block Windows

On Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:40:21 AM UTC-4, Pavel314 wrote:
Is anyone aware of major recent changes in glass block design or is this just a sales pitch?

Paul

In theory glass is more slippery than a concrete block so mortar does not hold it as securely.

In practice the burglar is probably just going to kick in your back door anyway.

I think code probably requires egress from a basement. You're probably grandfathered, but you might want to consider whether it would ever be safer to have an operating window. One of my relatives recently filled the basement with smoke while cooking.!!! We could not clear it until we found basement windows that would open.