Posted to alt.home.repair
83LowRider 83LowRider is offline

Default RedMax Outdoor Equipment: Who Are They, etc. ?

Bob wrote:

First time I ever recall seeing or hearing anything about any RedMax
outdoor equipment. Ads all over the place now around here for their
products.

They are the best commercial weedeaters and blowers I've ever
used. I bought a brand new one this morning. My first one was
a mid-size weedeater... it lasted me 12 years before I retired it
last year. The second one, I purchased 8 years ago, and it still
runs very well, tho it takes a few pulls on the cord to get it going.
Keep in mind tho, that is 8 years of commercial use and it's never
been 'down' for anything. I've maybe put two plugs in it over
the years. While searching for a mower part this morning, the sales
guy saw me eyeballing them (new weedeaters) and offered to knock
20 bucks off one. Tho that doesn't sound like much, I'm aware the
profit margin isn't much, so I bought it. I had one of their handheld
blowers stolen off of my truck a few years back. They left the older
Stihl blower, which I still use today. The RedMax was considerably
stronger than the Stihl blower. I've been mowing commercially for
30 years... been thru Stihls, Husqvarnas, Echo, Weed Eater and
Green Machine. RedMax beats them all.
This is the one I purchased today for $369 -
http://www.redmax.com/products/trimmers/bcz2660ts/