Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting the cord

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:58:06 AM UTC-7, HerHusband wrote:
Micky,

[...]
Comcast does offer phone service, but I get phone service a lot cheaper by

going through 1-VOIP:

http://www.1-voip.com/residential-voip.php

Was very interested to read this reference. Went to the Web site, but did not get enough information on blocking these ****ing anonymous robot calls that I get all day.

2. How long have you had these 1-VOIP folks as phone service?

3. Any problems? What kind?

4. Do you have any personal/pecuniary interest in this co?

5. Where is their central office?

6. Are they a public co? I.E. stockholders?
would love to extirpate any vestige of Verizon from my system, but for the moment, after discontinuing cable, I have kept phone and Internet. Would like to get rid of both, but not by trading them in for something worse.

Thanks for any help.

HB

[...]