Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default OT Password in Win7

writes:
"Mayayana" wrote:

Let's try again.

I want to acquire a program which will do all the work for me. (Let's
call it PW-Manager.) I don't want to learn about Linux. I'm not
worried about people removing the HD and putting it in another
machine, nor about people resetting the BIOS, nor about any
super-sophisticated nerd doing any of the other things that people in
this thread seem to be concerned about. KISS! Didn't I say the NSA can
browse my machine at will? Or something similar.

Well, back to the PW: I don't want to tell someone how to do it but it
probably requires modification to the OS at the point of asking for
the PW. I'd guess. Well, just as I use a physical key to unlock the
front door of the house, I'm suggesting that the physical key to the
computer is a USB stick (with a PW). Maybe if you just type "USB" for
the PW, your modified OS will know to look at the USB ports etc.

What you want is called a secure access token.

Here's an example. There are other companies that make such tokens
as well. All the tokens are supported by Windows. None are free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecurID