Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Streaming Netflix

posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:15:34 -0500, gonjah wrote:

We've had Netflix streaming for along time. The movie selection isn't
bad but it isn't great. It's well worth the $9/mth. There are some
really great series:

Lillyhammer, Breaking Bad, Rectify, and a bunch of others.

Streaming Netflix can turn you into a couch potato if you let it.
Another good streaming video provider is Amazon Prime and with it you
get free 2 day shipping for items bought on Amazon. It is one of the
best deals out there. If I had to chose one or the other I'd take Amazon
Prime.

Now we just have a HDTV antenna and the two streaming video services.

"Crackle" is free and worth looking into too.

http://www.crackle.com/

Nah....Netflix's a great deal but I heard today they are raising the
price for new subscribers.

I think this is the future of television for those who are not just
using rabbit ears. Now that content producers can sell directly to
consumers, who needs cable companies and networks. The guys who own
the fiber and the wire will just be selling bandwidth and the content
will be a separate commodity.

The only real question is whether the infrastructure can handle that
much bandwidth.

I remember when I was in the biz and they were just starting the fiber
backbone that became the data path for the internet, we thought that
if everyone just had a T-1, it would be more data than they could ever
use. That is a very slow DSL connection today. (1.4 mbs).
Now people expect at least 10x that..

Nobody will ever need more than 640k. (IIRC) Bill Gates

--
Tekkie