Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah[_3_] gonjah[_3_] is offline

Default Streaming Netflix

On 4/22/2014 12:52 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:13:32 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote in

|I have been using the little red envelopes for years, but recently got
curious about streaming instead. Anybody use that? Satisfied? Prefer to
red envelopes?

I get the DVD service and love it. I still don't
know how they can afford such cheap prices,
given Hollywood royalty costs.

+1 on that. Also, I've read that the streaming movie selection is
pathetic compared to the DVD selection. I assuming that NetFlix is
pushing streaming so it can get away from postage; but I would rather
pay more and keep the DVDs.

I had a chance awhile back to check out Netflix
streaming service and was unimpressed. I didn't
recognize the movies listed on the front page. When
I searched for a few things I might be interested in,
they weren't there.

I've read other complaints like that.

We've had Netflix streaming for along time. The movie selection isn't
bad but it isn't great. It's well worth the $9/mth. There are some
really great series:

Lillyhammer, Breaking Bad, Rectify, and a bunch of others.

Streaming Netflix can turn you into a couch potato if you let it.
Another good streaming video provider is Amazon Prime and with it you
get free 2 day shipping for items bought on Amazon. It is one of the
best deals out there. If I had to chose one or the other I'd take Amazon
Prime.

Now we just have a HDTV antenna and the two streaming video services.

"Crackle" is free and worth looking into too.

http://www.crackle.com/

Nah....Netflix's a great deal but I heard today they are raising the
price for new subscribers.