Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default Using a BBQ near an oil tank

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes

Is "traditional BBQ" the two halves of a 45 gallon oil drum end to
end filled with 6" deep plus of burning charcoal or one of those
little 18" diameter things?

smile Nothing so exotic. Traditional as in charcoal, rather than
modern, as in gas. Actually, we're using disposables at present, the
old one having disintegrated at the end of last summer. The perils of a
BBQ loving child in the family.

The plastic oil tank, 1300L, sits on a concrete slab, the slab being
somewhat larger than the tank. The BBQ sits about 6 feet from the tank,
and is never unattended, due to child and dog in the garden. I have
never noticed the tank getting even slightly warm, so am not
particularly concerned. It was fumes that were at the back of my mind,
but that seems not to be a problem.

Thanks for all the comments.

--
Graeme