Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Oil Remover receipe

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 20:13:39 -0500, Ignoramus29188

On 2014-04-21, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

On concrete I sweep with gasoline then cover with rice hulls for
about 10 minutes and sweep it all up. Been re - using the same
bucket of hulls for about 20 years. Works on shop floor and
driveway. Ivan Vegvary

I hope that you do not smoke at the same time

Ain't that the truth.

Reminds me of when Dad ran a bug catcher by the barn in southeast
Texas. The bug catcher bag wouldn't hold them. Ended up with a
crawling pile that filled a wheelbarrow. To kill them, Dad dumped on
gasoline. Later that day, he scooped them up and dumped them in the
burn barrel (we used to burn trash). Even later, he took out the
trash, lit it, and promptly got knocked down when all the little bug
bodies exploded. He said he was covered up with bug bits.

So I hope there's a lid on those rice hulls.

Pete Keillor