Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default GFCI wiring ...

Terry Coombs wrote:
I have an in-panel 20A gfci breaker which will soon be wired to the
outlet next to the sink in the bathroom . Later , when I add a
kitchen , I'd like to supply the outlets near the sink from the same
breaker , and here's the question - Is it OK to run 2 branches from
the same breaker as long as I don't exceed the max number of outlets
? I guess if it came right down to it I could wire the other outlets
from the one in the bath , but that's a waste of copper IMO since I'd
have to backtrack at least 15 ft .

Is'nt there a requirement for multiple breakers to multiple kitchen outlets?
Kitchen devices and hair dryers often draw high currents. Seems like a bad place
to be cheap.