Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default rodent proof "extension" cord; does it exist?

posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I use an extension cord in a semi permanent application. The squirrels eat it. Is there a rodent proof "extension" cord out there? (I expect not.)

What about coating? I tried some sprays that supposedly repel dogs... no luck.

Any ideas? (Extension cord used to power the boy's tree house.)

Thanks. Any ideas welcome.

Slightly off topic but may be of help. I had squirrels chew through my Weber
gas grill connection hose. When I called to get a replacement the guy says
oh you need the squirrel resistant ones. He sent it free! It had a spring on
it that was installed before the regulator & connectors were installed.
Worked.

You can also get capsicum (pepper) from bird feeding places. Birds don't
care but squirrels don't eat it. She sprays it on by mixing powder with
water.

Just more reasons to kill tree rats.
--
Tekkie