Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oil Remover receipe

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:06:47 -0500, "Paul K. Dickman"
wrote:

Whiting is calcium carbonate usually mined from chalk deposits.
It's main use is as an absorbent. Fullers earth or diatomaceous earth will
probably work just as well.
The solvent depends on what your removing the oil from.
If it's your tie, I would use carbo chlor.
If it is your driveway, I would use kerosene.

Paul K. Dickman

Or better yet, mineral spirits. Kero is a light oil, so always leaves
a bit of oil behind.

"gary" wrote in message
.. .
Any diy's for this stuff? I've heard "whiting" and solvent, but,
what the heck is "whiting"? And which solvent?

The commercial is about $18 for 24 oz. Like to make a couple of
gallons.

thanks