Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting the cord

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:19:53 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 04/20/2014 08:48 PM, wrote:

[snip]

If you ever want to use it for digital TV or interner, you will want
QS. Up here the cable company rips out anything else and replaces it
with QS cable.

I have digital TV and cable internet (15Mbps). The outdoor cable the
company installed in about 2001 may be QS (although I think it is not).
I installed all the indoor cable, NONE of which is QS. There's even a
little RG59 (very short runs). It all works fine.

Your cable company may use QS because it's what they have (they're using
it for outdoor runs too). That doesn't make it any better.

BTW, HD isn't noticably better on a small screen.

I had signal problems - pixellation on DTV and slow internet. They
replaced the last of the 60%? sheild with QS and all the problems
dissapeared. The problems showed up when they switched all the TV
channels to digital and boosted my internet speed. They said it's like
trying to run gigabit ethernet on cat 3 cable. Sometimes it almost
works- - - -.