Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default US power system

On 21/04/2014 19:28, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 12:18:09 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:05:24 +0100, charles
wrote:

[Snip]

They looked bad when we saw them in the original standard. Nothing to
do with missing lines.

Something other than 100 lines less caused NTSC to suck?

according to some NTSC stood for Never Twice the Same Color.

When there was a US director for the UK content of an American
program, he
didn't like the accurate flesh tones that came out of our cameras:
"They've
paid for color, give them color!"

etc

Ah yes I'd forgotten their colour encoding was dodgy. It's inside one
of the other signals, or seperate and not synced right, or something.
The opposite of what PAL does.

In a few seconds, you could use a search engine to find out the
differences between NTSC and PAL.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.