Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cutting the cord

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message

I have digital TV and cable internet (15Mbps). The outdoor cable the
company installed in about 2001 may be QS (although I think it is not). I
installed all the indoor cable, NONE of which is QS. There's even a little
RG59 (very short runs). It all works fine.

Your cable company may use QS because it's what they have (they're using
it for outdoor runs too). That doesn't make it any better.

I doubt that QS is much if any beter than the foil with the braid over it.
Installing some of the rg59 (the type with just a braid and no foil) is not
a very good idea. It can do two things, let the cable signal out so that it
interfears with other services and lets other services interfear with your
cable signal.

At one house I lived in I was getting some complaints from a house about 200
feet away that I was causing problems with a HBO channel. I was using a
transmitter about 220 mhz and it was only 10 watts. It did not bother my
cable. The cable man came out and found the home owner had used some single
shielded cable and had to replace it.