Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Thoughts on fitting RCBOs

"ARW" wrote in message
"Bill" wrote in message
In message , ARW
writes

A plus point is having a separately fed annexe, some where to run a
lead light from and more importantly, somewhere to boil the kettle!

I did look at just fitting the RCBOs into the CU and not bothering with
the terminals, HA!! not a chance, it is cramped even with just one
single L&N from each RCBO Never again!

Any way, thanks to all for their advice a while back, it was much
appreciated.

Photos please if you could be so kind

I'm not sure that I am brave enough to do that, but here goes.

Taken with a rather washed out phone. The spaghetti to the right is
alarm and door bell wiring. The 3 terminal combination on the right hand
side of the DIN rail is for the smoke detectors and their interconnecting
line.

Yes there is still an MCB in there, not too sure what to do about that,
it is the feed to the garage, about 3m of internal cable to a 2 way
"garage" CU with RCD and 2 MCBs for lights and power. Ideas please?

There is about a 2" gap behind the CU Don't look too closely at the 2
copper pipes to the right, they are central heating, when it was put to
bed the cabling was cable tied together and away from the pipes.

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/G8IAY/media/rbo_zpsc9d77b32.jpg.html

All thoughts, comments etc. most welcomed, what ever they maybe.

CONGRATULATIONS

It looks rather neat inside the CU and DIN rail box.

Much neater than the cows **** of a job I did on my parents Starbreaker CU
yesterday morning when I fitted a couple of RCBOs and an MCB in 10 minutes
before ****ing off to the pub at 11am and going out on an all day bender
in Bridlington.

You asked for comments. I have only one.

The DIN box and CU need to be IP4X rated.

Did the cables originally run behind some sort of boxing in?

Just checked.

Looks like it did.

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/G8I...6bcf2.jpg.html

--