Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default how to remove mosaic tiles off without damaging skimmed plasterboard?

It's my experience that no matter how you do it, removing tiles from plasterboard walls, is that lumps of adhesive get left on or the plaster skim comes off or both. Re-skimming such a damaged wall can be difficult for the amateur and obviously expensive to get a professional in. Considering that tiling is generally a long term wall covering and plasterboard is relatively cheap, re-boarding as Dave the Medway Handyman suggests is in my eyes a more favoured option especially when you consider it's adhesion qualities as mentioned in my previous post.

Richard