Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default Ping Leon Staining

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 08:36:35 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I apply the second coat with, now this is key, A "Wooster" brand foam
brush. DO NOT USE a cheap inexpensive foam brush!. I find these
Wooster brand brushes at Home Depot.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wooster-2...0020/204302391

Hi Leon. I saved this message you posted in January. Apparently, the
Canadian Home Depot stores do not carry the Wooster brand of foam
brush. (not that I could find) Lowes do carry the Wooster brand, but
not the specific foam brush you quoted above.

I guess my question is: What constitutes a good or poor foam brush?
Can you determine a good foam brush by looking at them in the store?
Or, do you have to buy and use various brands to see how well they
work? Barring my finding decent foam brushes, I'll have to go with a
good bristle brush.