Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting the cord

On 04/19/2014 06:51 PM, Pthirus Pubis wrote:

[snip]

If you combine an antenna feed with a cable TV feed, you will create
signal problems that will be detected by the cable company.
The cable companies remedy may be to cut the offending subscriber off.

And that setup may not work because of interference.

You would need a suitable filter so the OTA channels aren't entering the
cable from the cable company. Depending on the frequencies involved,
this could be an expensive filter, and subject to change (when the cable
company changes the channels your cable internet uses).

It's still be easier to use a separate cable for the internet.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"The Church says that the world is flat but I know that it is round for
I have seen its shadow on the moon and I have more faith in a shadow
than in the Church." -- Ferdinand Magellan