Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default OT. Windows 8 nearly drove me insane

On 2014-04-20, John Williamson wrote:
On 20/04/2014 16:11, Huge wrote:

I don't believe you. Or at least, I suspect you're bitching because your
Ford spares won't fit on your Rover car.

More because I keep getting told it's the best thing since sliced bread,
and I keep finding out it's not sliced, and isn't real bread anyway.

Proprietary hardware is not the best thing either. But give it time, the
seemingly esoteric stuff will eventually be supported.

Don't forget, installing and configuring operating systems was never
meant to be an end user job. Some one skilled in that would certainly
give you a working system with your hardware if you couldn't. If time is
money, then either seek them out or put up with what works.

And if that be Windows for you then so be it. Peace.

--
Adrian C