Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default BSOD, bulging caps, on Gateway GT5056

En el artículo , David Farber
escribió:

Just to make sure the hardware was ok, I ran a RAM test which passed. I
cleaned out the CPU fan and heat sink. Then I visually inspected the
motherboard. Hmmmm. I saw about a half dozen 1,000uF 6.3V capacitors that
were bulging. In fact every capacitor of that particular value was bulging.
I checked ESR and only one was out of tolerance. It measured 6 ohms while
the others were less than 0.2 ohms. I replaced the one that was out of
tolerance thinking I'd go back and do the rest of them

replacements. Panasonic are good.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)