Posted to alt.home.repair

Default File recovery freeware

On 4/19/2014 9:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:19:32 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/19/2014 8:26 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:03:50 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/19/2014 4:10 PM, nestork wrote:

I have some files I want to keep on a 4 GB USB drive. Just yesterday I
put that USB drive into my computer and instead of opening the drive, I
got a message saying "The drive is not formatted. Do you want to format
it now?"

Obviously, I clicked on the "No" option because formatting it would make
things worse.

The files are undoubtedly all still there, but perhaps the partition
information was corrupted or something like that.

Does anyone know of any good file recovery freeware that would allow me
to recover all the files on this USB drive?

Try something available from filehippo.com, I saw a few that might work
but I have paid versions of software that will do it so I'll post links
to the freeware programs I believe may work. ^_^

http://filehippo.com/download_file_recovery/

The above may fit the ticket for Nestor. "Finds partitions
automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or
damaged"

http://filehippo.com/download_recuva

TDD

Nice.

Yep, put File Hippo in your index of great sources for good freeware. ^_^

TDD

I did. I'll try it on a long thought dead drive I have. It may have
met the ghost though. Last I tried to access the drive the BIOS would
not recognized it. It gets another chance now, before I cannibalize
it.

I'm not sure it will work but surely worth one last try.

If you don't mind checking a site once a day. You can get software you'd
have to pay for at no cost for one day. I've obtained thousands of
dollars of commercial software at no cost from the two sites I'm posting
links to. The software could be anything and something you may need.
There can be something like a screensaver one day and a good hard disk
utility suite the next which is why you must check every day. Be careful
of some installations since they might try to slip in crapware or
advertising. It's not unusual for a lot of installations of even
freeware to try to slip in Chrome and make it your default browser so
exercise due diligence during any software installation. ^_^

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/

TDD