Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default ROHS and irons and desoldering tools

Martin Riddle wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:53:03 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Is there an iron and a desolder tool that makes ROHS as easy as
SnPb used to be?

Tin copper solder does not seem to wet as fast as SnPb.
I've found that using Hot air is the best for rework.
Otherwise you'll be lifitng pads.

Then it has to be hot, hot air. The air from my Atmoscope isn't hot enough.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.