Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cutting the cord

wrote in message
When he does this, he wants to know if he puts up an outside antenna, can
he
just connect it to the same cable that is already there while using that
cable for the internet.

The answer is NO, he must run a cable from the outside antenna to each TV.

Why wouldn't he hook the antenna to the "cable" and run another coax
from the cable Dmark to the cable modem which could be right where it
comes in the house. Then WiFi or CAT5 to all of your PCs.

I just gave the simple answer. Others gave the more complicated technical
version.

I know what I would do if I wanted to run a cable modem and an outside
antenna. Just did not want to add to the confusion.,but would do something
like you said.

I mostly do that every time my cable TV goes out and I want to watch some
TV. No internet, but if it does come on I know it and have internet and
then connect the regular cable back up.
I am about 40 miles from each of 2 big cities. Get about 30 channels on the
outside antenna.

---