Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cutting the cord

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
..

I am having a very hard time following the technical discussion on these
threads about splitting and connectors, etc.

Is anyone addressing the basic question which I THOUGHT this thread was
about:

CAN I GET CABLE WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT?

Earlier in this thread, someone noted succinctly that one could get away
with it for maybe a week until the cable company noticed.

Am I misunderstanding? If so, what IS this about?

HB

YOu have it wrong. The origional question is much differant.

The person has cable , he wants to stop the cable TV but keep the internet
by cable.

When he does this, he wants to know if he puts up an outside antenna, can he
just connect it to the same cable that is already there while using that
cable for the internet.

The answer is NO, he must run a cable from the outside antenna to each TV.

---