Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Cutting the cord

On 04/19/14 03:00 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/19/2014 12:45 PM, HerHusband wrote:

Unfortunately, my cable internet makes up the majority of my cable
cost (I
was only subscribed to limited basic service). Comcast also charges a fee
if you do not use Cable TV (nearly the same cost as limited basic). My
bill only went down $5 a month, but that's still $60 a year I can
spend on
something else.

Good luck,

Anthony Watson

Problem I have, most of what we watch aside from the 6 o'clock news are
cable channels. History, Travel, Science, Discovery, Nat Geo. Not in a
good spot for OTA anyway, so I pay ridiculous amount for DirecTv.

*Some* of those are available online with something like a ChromeCast
dongle or a Roku box to feed them to the TV (both are HDMI only).

We may give DirecTV another month while we make sure the Roku 3 lives up
to expectations*, but after that, I hope it will be: "We've just figured
out how much we've paid you in the last ten years, and it's going to stop."

For the amount we'll save, SWMBO is even willing to give up her cooking
and home-improvement shows.

*So far we haven't been able to get the MHz Networks "channel" working
properly, but it seems that MHz is in the process of making some
changes, which we hope will solve the problem.

Perce