Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT. Windows 8 nearly drove me insane

On 17/04/2014 20:36, Murmansk wrote:
I went to help an elderly partially sighted lady with her new
computer.My first real experience of Windows 8.

I thought I was good with computers but I felt like I'd never used
one before and left wanting to firebomb the nearest Microsoft
office!

It's like someone taking a car and swapping the pedals round, putting
the ignition key in the rear wing and the steering wheel in the glove
box. Is Windows 8 an improvement for some? I'd like to know who they
are!!

What was the problem?
Win8 isn't much different to win7.
Its quite different to XP.

You can make it very similar to either by installing classic shell but
there isn't any real problems without it.

Just bought one of those medion netbooks from asda with win 8 on for the
wife and I won't be putting classic shell on it (looks pretty good for
the money £169 on the web but I only paid £150).