nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Default File recovery freeware

I have some files I want to keep on a 4 GB USB drive. Just yesterday I put that USB drive into my computer and instead of opening the drive, I got a message saying "The drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

Obviously, I clicked on the "No" option because formatting it would make things worse.

The files are undoubtedly all still there, but perhaps the partition information was corrupted or something like that.

Does anyone know of any good file recovery freeware that would allow me to recover all the files on this USB drive?