Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT. Windows 8 nearly drove me insane

On 2014-04-19, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:37:15 +0100, The Natural Philosopher

Apple IS in fact a gui built on BSD unix.

Er, are you QUITE sure about that? BSD has a poor rep for running on
mobile devices; doesn't seem like a suitable foundation for such an OS
where reliability and ease of use are key to the Apple market.

https://developer.apple.com/library/...hitecture.html

I'm f*cking speechless, Huge. I thought Jobs had masterminded his own
unique OS for the Ipad and whatnot from scratch! Never would have
believed BSD underlied it in a million years. SMFH in disbelief!

IIUC OS X is based on the work done at NeXT while jobs was out of the
apple frame.

--
Cheers,

John.