Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Kitchen Faucet

"Dan.Espen" wrote in message
Fat-Dumb and Happy writes:

I don't know what this country is coming to when a person can't change
their own faucets or look under the counter and determine why the
sprayer hose hangs.

Going to assume you mean the USA, but the OP could be from anywhere.

Usually, it's won't, not can't.

I'm going to cast a little blame on our education.
I don't remember the class where they explained how plumbing works
introduced us to wrenches, the fuse box, a level.

Sure, if you weren't too smart and were taking vocational training
you might have gotten some of that.

Had a plumber here once working on a bathroom remodel.
While he was here I discovered a clogged drain.
He offered to clear it.
I told him, "I'll be damned if I pay a plumber to clear a drain".
Got a really strange look.

Apparently a lot of people are not familiar with snakes.

When I had the drain cleared in a few minutes, he called his brother
(the GC) recounting the story.

Oooh! Do *not* call them snakes in front of a plumber. I had one totally
go off on me. Told me there was no such thing as a snake!

I did manage to clear my slow draining bathtub. Took me the better part of
the day and gallons of hot water, vinegar and a lot of baking soda. But
usually I am no good at plumbing stuff and if anything, I only make things
worse.