Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Windows 8 nearly drove me insane

On 19/04/14 17:15, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:37:15 +0100, The Natural Philosopher

Apple IS in fact a gui built on BSD unix.

Er, are you QUITE sure about that? BSD has a poor rep for running on
mobile devices; doesn't seem like a suitable foundation for such an OS
where reliability and ease of use are key to the Apple market.

I WAS thinking of OS-X..let's look at IOS instead..
YUp. Based on Darwin same as OS-X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...rating_systems

So every I-BolloxThing is running at core level BSD UNIX.

Not sure wjherte you got te idea that BSD unix is poor on relaibilitrytho.

Praps you have better tell apple..

Linux ruins under as well as being te base of all linux desktop distros.

BSD runs under ALL apple bling. Largely IIRC for commercial reasons.

Only Microsoft has its own abortion that isn't *nix derived.

Its what runs on top that is more obvious though.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.