Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Windows 8 nearly drove me insane

On 19/04/2014 17:20, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 14:06:09 +0100, Adrian C
wrote:

"Windows Crap? - come to Linux"

Yeah, come to Linux and get similar crap but for free.

I am, yet again, in the throes of trying to get Linux (Mint 16) to work
with the best hardware I can afford to record sound and video and use my
bluetooth linked phone as a 3G modem.

All "just work" under Windows with the appropriate drivers. None are
cutting edge items, and all work well with any version of Windows from
XP to 7. The reason I've tried Linux is because I want to avoid Windows
8, in the same way and for similar reasons as I dodged ME and Vista.

I will shortly be removing Linux once more and restoring the boot sector
of the HD, and possibly replacing the XP with Windows 7, pending Windows 9.

On the other hand, if I were just surfing the 'net and doing normal
office work and e-mails, I'd probably get away with using Linux. I know
this, because all the programs I use for this are open Source ones that
have been ported from Linux.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.