Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Cutting the cord

On 04/19/2014 06:46 AM, wrote:
I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my cable TV and using an
outside antenna and the cable Internet for television. The question
I have is when I put up an antenna can i just plug it into the coax
cable coming into the house? I have my cable internet coming in on
the same cable. Is this an issue or will it work.

First of all, you need to make sure you have an outside grounding block
right before the cable from the antenna enters the house. Secondly, no,
you can't use a splitter to connect the cable from your antenna to the
cable with your internet.

The cable from the antenna goes to the television (or whatever you are
using for a tuner), and the cable with the internet goes to your computer.

Jon