Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default C band sattelite activity in the US

On 04/18/2014 04:24 PM, wrote:
I still see a fair amount of C band antennas around on private property and I was wondering what if anything is still on there and is any of it still available free? And if it is free how about equipment to receive it? I seem to remember that back in the 80's there was regular programming and network feeds that were up for grabs so how has all that changed? Lenny

If you want the really good stuff unscrambled get Ku Band capability.
You see a lot of college sports and news raw. Plus the dish for Ku is
much easier to play with. C band is still happening but most is digital
and scrambled these days.