Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default OT. Windows 8 nearly drove me insane

On 2014-04-19, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On 18 Apr 2014 09:51:31 GMT, Huge wrote:

TBH, it sounds like you'd be better off going to Linux.

IMO, LInux has just gone sideways over the last few years.

And I agree. Changes for the sake of change.

It's perhaps time that "the operating system" and "the GUI" became
greater separate entities in themselves, and one could be changed
without impacting the other. In a way, a Linux distribution is like that
(Gnome upon flavour of kernal) & Microsoft/Apple certainly not.

But then Ubuntu tries to import bits of Apple GUI screen candy, and
import Aero snap from Windows. Ugh.

Why are 'they' trying to turn the traditional computing desktop into a
games console?

--
Adrian C