Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Toilet question

One of the toilets in my kids home is emptying itself. Sounds like
autosyphoning because of a blocked stack. HOWEVER, one of the websites
suggested "power" flushing with hot water as a possible treatment.
Figured I had nothing to lose but a couple gallons of hot water if it
didn't worked so I tried it.
About half a gallon in, the water apparently hit a certain height
and the toilet flushed itself. I am guessing due to the weight of the
water triggering the flush. So, does this change the diagnosis and
possibly the treatment.
Hers is a two story house and I have vertigo so climbing up on the
roof really isn't an option.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²