Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Kitchen Faucet

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:55:00 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

How long should one last? I'm not sure how old ours is. We bought this
house almost 10 years ago. I have replaced the faucet since, perhaps 8
years ago. Not really sure. Began having problems with the faucet about
2
years after it was put in. The ring (appears decorative) around the
sprayer
came totally loose. Then the sprayer began sticking in the on position.
Now it has gotten to the point of being severe. So much so that I am
afraid
to use the sprayer.

The plumber charged me $250 for the faucet plus installation. I think he
ripped me off. I think it is some low end piece of crap. I will use Mr.
Handyman next time if I can wait that long. Won't call him until I have a
list of things to do because it does cost me $250 just to get him in the
door.

But... How long should a faucet normally last?

Are you saying you need to fix the sprayer head or the faucet?

I just want a whole new thing. The faucet is leaking as well.

A local hardware store should have a replacement sprayer head to fit
the hose. Easy fix.The sprayer head may have just a bad O-ring. I
can't see it from here, though.

Could be but I have had nothing but trouble with it. The hose to the
sprayer also keeps getting caught on the plumbing below and that's a pain.