Posted to rec.woodworking
SteveB[_15_] SteveB[_15_] is offline

Default Camping Table Plans?

On 4/18/2014 3:55 PM, HerHusband wrote:
I would like to build a small table to take car camping (not backpacking).
Something approximately 16" wide x 12" deep x 16" high.
It needs to fold or knockdown easily so I can stow it in the car.

It should be cheap and simple to build and assemble. Otherwise, I might as
well just buy a commercial camp table.

It will just be used as a place to set a camp stove, and maybe a plate or
something.

Before I bother designing my own table, I'm curious if anyone here already
has plans for a small table like this?

Thanks,

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

I made one, that I still have. Made it out of metal, tho. Hollow
tubing. Made it specifically to hold a 3 burner Coleman stove and a
small Weber grill. A little space was left over. Design your table for
what you are going to use on top of it, and you won't be out trying to
find "stuff" that fits on top in any semblance of order.

Steve