nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Quebec is NOT our neighbour - she is part of Canada whether she likes it or
not, and the majority of quebecers have repeatedly told their crybaby
governments that in referendems, and they handed the PQ a resounding
thashing in the recent election to drive the point home.
MP John Reimer was punished several years ago for publicly stating
"they do things differently in Quebec" - but he was telling the truth.
Quebec, as a "distinct society" is as different from the rest of
canada as canada is from the united states of america - and the US
from Mexico.

Our legal systems, government systems, and many other things are just
enough different to make us "distinctive".
My understanding is that Quebec has the concept of them being a province all screwed up. They consider that the Quebec provincial government is on an equal footing with the Federal government in Ottawa. That is, the Quebec National Assembly governs Quebec and the House of Commons in Ottawa governs the rest of the country.

In that respect, Quebec considers itself a separate country within Canada.

And, truth be known, I find it easier to live next to a separate country than to live next to another province that considers itself a separate country.