Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default US power system

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:40:49 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 18/04/14 16:11, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:30:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Or if there is a tube strike, the underground can sell its surplus at
whatever price it can get.

The underground has its own power station?

I think it's always had one, at least since it was electrified. I
remember reading about it in the same book that had the article about
the Norwich Heat Pump.

Nah. what I meant was that if it has contracted to take electricity it
cannot use, it can sell that on.

I don't think the underground has its own power stations at all.
Substations, yes. Got to turn into into DC somehow.

Not now, but see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lots_Road_Power_Station

which is what I was referring to.

I take it at that time they couldn't just contact the national grid and say we need 50MW.

--
Worlds most powerful nob enlarger - a space suit with a fly zip