Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default OT. Windows 8 nearly drove me insane

On 18/04/14 15:36, bert wrote:
In message , Adrian C
writes
On 18/04/14 13:54, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Adrian C
wrote:

On 18/04/14 12:37, Tim Streater wrote:

Why do you need to ditch them? It worked the day before MS "scrapped"
XP, it'll work the day after.

If you all are unable to function without MS "support" you shouldn't
have bought into this ****e in the first place.

I know of lots of Apple ****e, unsupported. It's in the bin.

Was a much more expensive layout than microsoft ****e.

What are you trying to say?

shakes head

Using an unpatched operating system of any breed is pretty stupid, if
connected to the internet.

I'm saying that if it's unpatched now, then it was unpatched before.
And yet because it was "supported", everyone was happy.

Technically wrong, but don't let that get in the way of an agenda.

Technically right I would say. Software doesn't degrade like hardware.

Some application software maybe but the OS does degrade.

Changes to the hardware environment, security exploits being found,
incompatibilities found, uncorrected faults, unexplained crashes,
trojans, viruses, users unable to install patches and updates, users
unable to pay for upgrades, and manufacturer decisions to withdraw
accessibility to other connected functions particularly those critically
provided by way of the internet.

Have Microsoft announced when they are going to turn off the activation
servers for XP?

--
Adrian C