Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] guillemd53228@gmail.com is offline

Default OT eye glasses at least it is not political

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:58:53 PM UTC-5, Clare wrote:
On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:09:36 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:20:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:

I need some new glasses, so I went to Zenni............However

I want bifocals with a polycarbonate lens. And Zenni does not do bifocals in Polycarbonate. And they say their polycarbonate lens are not OSHA approved. I tried to get what material they use so I could look up the specs. but I couldn't get that info from them.

So does anyone know of a good place to get bifocals in a material that is OSHA approved? Or at least material that comes close to being OSHA approved.

Dan

I haven't used them, but I found this:

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/safreadglas.html

Glass?

Depends what you are trying to protect against. Flying grit od squash

balls.

Excerpt from my link (above):
"...All styles feature shatterproof polycarbonate lenses, are ANSI Z87.1-2010 certified and provide 99.9% UVA-UVB protection...."

I would have no problem if they were made of glass as long as they honestly met the safety standards advertised.