Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default US power system

In article ,
charles wrote:
It certainly did it with halogen lamps.

How did they manage to lock the mains to the TV pulse generator, then?

Don't be sill, I'm taking about a 10Hz beat.

Do you mean by that the mains would have to be 10Hz away from 50? I've
seen 2 or 3 adrift on my meter here - but never that much.

But even then I'd be surprised if a tungsten filament lamp reacted at all.
Things like some fluorescents and discharge lamps are a different matter
if running at mains frequency. Which is why all the general purpose studio
luminairs were all tungsten.

--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.