Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yodel

On Thursday, 17 April 2014 12:57:36 UTC+1, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 23:45:31 +0100, chris French wrote:

In message , John Williamson

writes

On 16/04/2014 11:28, whisky-dave wrote:

For about 10 years+ I've been wondering why most if not all

deliveries can't be made after say 7pm (rush hour). Why can't argos and

the like deliver up to say 10pm or midnight and on sundays. Of course

some do but charge extra why ?

Because generally, the staff want to be at home in the evenings, just as

you do, spending time with their family and watching East Enders or

Corrie. Therefore, most of them want to be paid extra for working

unsociable hours, and the unions enforce it.

Van drivers *are*, in spite of all the evidence, human too.

Also I suspect that lots of the couriers parcels are to businesses, most

of whom will only be open during normal business hours. So they would

have to have double runs.

but as online shopping continues to grow I guess we will see services

that suit domestic customers continue to develop.

I still think there's an opening for Amazon (for example) to team up with

Sainsburys/Tescos/Waitrose (!) and combine online grocery deliveries

(because people are always in for those) with delivery of your Amazon

order.

They do the co-op in mile end road has some storage lockers with digitsal codes not to sure how it works though.