Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT eye glasses at least it is not political

Why OSHA approved in the first place ???

I wear Poly in my glasses - they are continuous curve So I have
better than BI focus I have many focus. Handy when looking down
and it is still far or when you need more for close up you just
move the glasses and into a new mag lens area.

Poly are safety glasses - I can't believe OSHA doesn't - but likely
because no side protection... wear safety over them and you get
double protection. Just in case you break or crack the outter pair
you have the normal ones as backup without being glass in the eye.

I got mine when I was walking out onto the engineering floor to
check on my designs and trimming of wire mostly (uses surface mount
parts) might fly my way. That place was under safety control -
water dump for chems and boots, smocks and even head covers.

Martin

On 4/16/2014 10:59 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
I need some new glasses, so I went to Zenni............However

I want bifocals with a polycarbonate lens. And Zenni does not do
bifocals in Polycarbonate. And they say their polycarbonate lens are
not OSHA approved. I tried to get what material they use so I could
look up the specs. but I couldn't get that info from them.

So does anyone know of a good place to get bifocals in a material that
is OSHA approved? Or at least material that comes close to being OSHA
approved.

Dan

AFAIK the rating depends on thickness, not material.