Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default What if UKIP formed a government?

In message , Jethro_uk
writes
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 14:31:23 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:54:27 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 16/04/14 10:37, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:31:33 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 16/04/14 07:02, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:18:51 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

...and here, already? Do you REALLY think Farage and his people
would be, could be LESS competent than Clegg, Milband, Cameron?

Farage and WHAT people? We do not have a clue who they all are.
Farage only ever appears alone. The other UKIPpers are mostly
invisible. Only Nuttall pops up occasionally. If Bloom hadn't been
kicked out, then he would have become a major contender for a seat
in government were Farage to win power. And what office of state
would Bloom have occupied, do you think? Minister for Gender
Equality, perhaps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Helmer for a start - if you read
his energy policy for UKIP it makes far more sense than anything
any of the main parties are doing (hint greenwash out, nuclear in,
sod the CO2 in the meantime to ensure stable supply).

Well, that's my vote sorted.

OK - you'd probably better read it then instead of taking my word

http://www.ukipmeps.org/uploads/file...-lights-on.pdf

It's quite readable and only 17 pages.

That's one criticism I have of UKIP - their website sucks - links
disappear and stuff like this is not on there...

Some UKIP policies have some sense behind them. Unfortunately I'm a
believer in the UK being in the EU.

Which means that, ultimately, you're OK with there being no England,
Wales, France, etc, but a bunch of regions. You're also OK with there
being continental-style law rather than English law, (which includes
being guilty until you're proved innocent - although it has to be said
that we seem to be going that way already), and a new layer of
unaccountable bureaucrats, who will also turn out to have immunity from
prosecution.

Cos that's the way it's going.

You may think that - I don't. One thing I do know, is that the UK has
never really leveraged the EU to it's own advantage.

To be honest, I think it's moot anyway. I can't see UKIP making much of a
dent in real elections - even if they did it would just encourage a
Labour majority, so we'd end up in the EU without a referendum. Which
(IMHO) is the same if the Tories won outright, since I wouldn't count on
call-me-Dave to honour anything he promises now.

Maybe not, but you could count on a sizeable part of the conservative
party to kick him out as leader.
--
bert