Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default OT computers

| Although with UEFI replacing BIOS booting, the legacy
| partition table is pretty much history, having been
| replaced by GPT (GUID partition table).
|
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table

I'm not entirely clear about that. My understanding
is that UEFI supports standard MBR partitioning, and
that GPT partitioning is not necessary except to
access beyond 2 TB per partition.

I know that BootIt supports partitioning of GPT but
not booting from it. XP, which I'm using, also does not
support booting from it. What I'm not clear about are
the longterm ramifications, but my impression is that
I should be able to boot XP on future systems by
using MBR partitioning.